Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Knee Bone's Connected (?) To The Hand Bone (?)

Dramatic? Yes. How I really feel though? Absolutely.

Here is a transcript of my conversation with Dan, in regards to how my body currently feels, after two soccer games. One of them at goalie, one not. Please don't roll your eyes at me.

Dan: Mmm yessss. Did you hurt anything this game?

Sean:
Nothing like... specific, I guess.

Sean:
I'm limping around like a sap

Sean:
But I think that's just because I think my body can do things that it cannot. And I do them anyways. And I pay for it

Dan:
The limp seems to be the thing to do tonight. you mean like the splits!

Sean:
Yep the splits was one of the things that my body can't do that I did anyways. Additionally, I am pretty sure I run faster than my body can.

Dan:
Was your body falling behind

Sean:
It was like... hmmm... Let me think of a good example.

Sean:
Imagine like a transformer running, in transformed mode. And it is running so fast that like the metal starts to break off. Right? And as it is running wires and circuits are busting. Pieces fall off. The arm goes. The legs go.

Sean:
And then the whole transformer starts to just roll

Sean:
NOW

Sean:
Replace metal with muscle and circuits with blood vessels. Wires and pieces with bones and veins. Then keep the skin so that it holds it all together. So when my muscles and bones and veins and blood vessels break off, they still stay in there, because the skin holds it in.

Sean:
so basically I am a good looking kid (and I am) but on the inside I am absolute mush.

Dan:
did you fall while running?

Sean:
I didn't fall while running (this time) and no I am not saying that either... I am saying: Imagine apple sauce. Pause a moment.

Sean:
Just imagine a giant bowl of apple sauce. Tell me when you do. Got it?

Dan:
Yes

Sean:
THAT is my insides. Right now!

Sean:
Applesauce

No comments: