Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stop Running Away

It is horribly disgusting when I sit back and realize how present I am in each and every situation. Not at all. I'm surprised I even know what happens to me throughout the day, because I always have my mind fixed on getting somewhere else, what happens next, or something completely random. My Summer Resolution is to live presently in each and every moment. I want to learn how to find things to hold on to in the moment I am in.
I think the future is so appealing because we are still in control of the future. Whereas in this very moment, you have to go along with where life is taking you. I want to let go and enjoy that ride. So if you want one thing to hold me accountable to, pray for me for, or just do along side of me, being present is a top priority.

1 comment:

kara! said...

SEANNNN! I totally understand and agree with what you wrote! I do that a lot...where I'm so future oriented that I don't enjoy the hear and now! I'll be praying for you!!! I think you're awesome. I really do.