Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gluten Free World... Is A Starving World

So my adventures in being Gluten free have begun. I started last Friday and am going for a complete week. Here are my thoughts so far:

1. I'm a cheater. Not because I've given in and had gluten, but because I don't eat all that much. But with that in mind it is still a hard task! There are so many things that have gluten in them.

2. Caleb and I made a gluten free pizza on Friday night (and by Caleb and I, I mean Caleb). It was interesting. It was really grainy and such. Definitely tasted different.

3. Corn chips are my crutch. Pretzels, noodles, bread, crackers, etc. are out. What a bummer.

4. This stuff is in everything!!! Some lunch meat! Beer! Soups! Goodness!

It's been fun and interesting so far, and I still have a ways to go, but I definitely appreciate my lack of dietary restrictions. Caleb... I feel for you bro.

No comments: