Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stick It To The Man

I respect people who stand up for individualism, and who stand up for what they believe to be right. I think that the government machine, any organized anything, and social expectation can be harmful. I have seen a lot of people who have authority issues (me) and have seen a lot of people determined to stick it to the man. I have friends who would do anything to be a non-conformist, and that is okay.

But often times I find the fight for this “freedom” to be quite enslaving. If you are being a non-conformist and sticking it to the man, at the expense of social responsibility, friendship, and integrity, then you are not free. I would say that if your pursuit of freedom comes from a place of anger, then you are a slave to your pursuits. Does it feel any better? When you look inside of yourself, do you feel free or do you feel miserable? Don’t trade your freedom, the kingdom, for individualism. Sometimes conforming is the freest thing there is, and sometimes not. Be real.

No comments: